Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Letter To My Doctor





12 August 2015

Dear Dr. _______________,

I received your letter dated July 24 and was touched by your concern. Your advice to treat my colon cancer with ‘traditional modalities’ is duly noted. On first meeting you I was glad to learn you are Jewish. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is my God as well. The journey with Him continues to amaze me.

In regard to my condition, your advice is based in science and medicine…
a knowledge that can provide remedy within certain limits. The human body is “fearfully and wonderfully made,” with elements that exist outside the remedy of traditional modalities. I can say, with humility and respect, I know my God’s voice; He assures me ‘This is not my end.’

I believe in the power of prayer. It is because of praying parents I am alive today. I have friends and family who support, counsel, and pray for me regularly. I am following a strict protocol of nutrition and exercise, one that has been followed by many who are now ‘cancer-free,’ and I carry a peace and confidence that surpasses human understanding.

I am grateful for you, Dr. ____________. You are part of my story and I will keep you apprised of my health. May Hashem bless you and protect you and your family. May you hear His voice as a son hears a loving Father.


 Shalom,
Michael R. Carter
Fort Mill, SC

No comments:

Post a Comment