Sunday, October 9, 2011

Taste and See

"Nothing exists in the intellect that has not first gone through the senses."
Plutarch

Seeing, hearing, smelling, touching and tasting; my senses are beautiful gifts, with each being proximity relational. My sight allows me to view stars- millions of miles afar. My taste, however, requires closeness.  


Yesterday ended a 21-Day fast from pleasure reading. Yesterday was Yom Kippur. I didn't plan the fast around the High Holy Day, but I am grateful for the timing.


The Children of Israel are known as People of the Book, stewards of the Word of God. After hearing that expression, many years ago, my love for Judaism began.


The Psalmist wrote, "Taste and see that the Lord is good."
In Him, things afar draw near.


So, I will begin again with my reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment