Saturday, October 5, 2013

It's a Good day

"Consider how the wildflowers of the field grow..."
Matthew 6:28 HCSB 

     Some of my earliest childhood memories involve 'church pew squirming', wondering if that preacher was ever going to stop talking. I can't remember a single sermon from that era of my history but I do remember the songs. Even as a child I knew that the old hymns carried something beyond word and note... something the writers imparted from their own deep places. One of my childhood favorites, Count Your Blessings, was by Jonathan Oatman, Jr. Here is the Chorus:

 
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your blessings
See what God hath done



     As I told a friend yesterday, I am a blessed man.

     Sometimes I need to stop and remember I am blessed.

     Sometimes I need to count my blessings.

     Bryan Hutchinson has written another book, a book that serves as a reminder call to busy people- Stop, Look, Count...

"Happiness is about perspective. It's not just a feeling. True happiness is the essence of hope."




     
     If you trudge through your day trapped in the cycle of 'I work so I can eat so I can work so...' consider this:

Life is made in the midst of the mundane.

     Happy Every Day by Bryan Hutchinson will give you a few places to begin restoring your perspective and remind you that today is a good day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment