Saturday, June 8, 2013

...interrupted by clarity

'There are things that stand
in heights of the universe,
yet people take them lightly.'
Talmud, Berachos 6b

     A few days ago my little girl received her High School Diploma... something that will take a few more days to process. Life, as we know it, is interrupted by moments of clarity. 

     Graduate comes from the Latin, gradus- a step, this being a step for both my daughter and me. I have been blessed to be one of her teachers these past four years and, like her, it is time for me to move on. My wife and I have our sights set on Charleston, SC... a new chapter.






I always have mixed feelings when chapters end. 

Debbie Millman, designer/writer/interesting person recently delivered a commencement address based on one of her written pieces. It is one of the better I have heard.



Images used by permission of Debbie Millman


You can hear the commencement address by Debbie Millman here-

No comments:

Post a Comment