Monday, April 29, 2013

The Wild of God- A Global Journey


"God does not just tell us He loves us. He paints it for us."

Since childhood, books have provided me with transportation, and when the voice is true I have traveled far. The Wild of God by Eric Hanson is such a book; you could read it in one sitting... but you won't want to. Like any good journey, there are moments you want to savor and The Wild of God is a good journey. Eric Hanson joined a group of fellow adventurers who shared a common goal- traveling to eleven countries in eleven months, gently sharing life and faith with the people they encountered.


"I had seldom been in a position where I needed God on a very basic level of sustenance, shelter, and survival. But being vulnerable through traveling to places where life is scaled back to the minimum was something I needed to experience. Travel itself has a way of keeping us on our toes and putting us into a position where trusting in God becomes a real, felt need."

     From Peru to Mozambique to Tibet, The Wild of God will take you places not usually described in travel brochures. 

     Marcel Proust said, "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."

     The Wild of God is the story of a man receiving new eyes and sharing what he nows sees with all who are interested. 

"I realized that God cares more about my heart than anything else and that the Kingdom of God is a story- a story that I am a part of and not just a spectator of."


No comments:

Post a Comment