Monday, April 18, 2011

Voices of Sudan

"A 'worldly Christian'? What a misnomer.
You might as well talk about a heavenly devil."
Billy Sunday


David Johnson is changing the way we see our world, one picture at a time. Last Thursday I had the privilege of meeting him. He shared his story with my students and within the span of one hour an eternity of possibilities were revealed; a story about the most powerful force in the universe- the love of God, fleshed out through a faithful follower of Christ.


David Johnson is the President and Founder of Silent Images, a non-profit organization whose mission is to give voice to the voiceless.
Here is the Mission Statement:


MISSION
Silent Images is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization that seeks to tell the stories of hope in the midst of persecution, poverty, or oppression through journalistic photography, videography, and writing. The stories and images are provided to non-profit organizations in an effort to educate and be a voice for the voiceless around the world.


David's message to the students of Trinity Christian Preparatory School was a call to arms; a challenge, I pray, some will accept.

1 comment:

  1. My heart breaks and my tears make the screen a bit of a blur. the singing and dancing, the dust and color of the ground move my heart. I weep for my friends in Zambia, precious souls I will never see again in this world. God help my voice.

    ReplyDelete