Sunday, June 27, 2010

Being Human


This morning I read a beautiful post by the friend who inspired me to begin this blog, Terry Bernardini. I had just returned from picking blackberries and was contemplating Philippians 2 from The Message-  "Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of Himself. He had equal status with God but didn't think so much of Himself that He had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what. Not at all. When the time came, He set aside the privileges of Deity and took on the status of a slave, became human." 'Became human'He became one of us and we are a fragile, odd lot. 'Prone to wander, Lord I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love...' wrote the hymnist Robert Robinson. We humans hurt and leave those we love, struggle with being content (it is a fine line between contentment and apathy), and, are easily offended. And yet, The King of Glory became a man. 

Terry reminded me that humans have fingertips, and this morning my fingertips are sore because blackberry bushes have thorns. But they are worth the pain.  

Here's a video my son, Sam, introduced me to; a group of humans who know how to use their fingertips.





No comments:

Post a Comment